Creating, configuring, and targeting a backup job to a Robotic Library partition in Backup Exec For Windows Server
When a job is selected to run on a particular partition, it runs on the media inserted in the partition's slots.
Considering the scenario of a Robotic Library with six slots:
Robotic Library Slots = 6
Number of Partitions created = 2 (partition 1 and partition 2)
Slots per partition = 3
To run weekly jobs on slot 1 to slot 3, target the backup job to partition 1.
1. On the navigation bar, click Devices (Figure 1)
2. Expand the server icon and click Robotic Libraries (Figure 2)
3. Select the robotic library containing the slots to be partitioned (Figure 3)
4. Click Configure Partitions located under Robotic Library Tasks (Figure 3)
6. Click OK after configuring partitions
7. Click Yes to accept the partitions
The partitions now appear under Robotic Libraries for the robotic library on which they were created (Figure 5).
After defining the partitions, jobs can be submitted to those partitions. The partitions appear in the list of devices along with other devices available to the media server. Click the target partition drive pool and run the job as any other Backup Exec job (Figure 6).