How to configure Duplicate Backup Jobs in Backup Exec.
When duplicating existing backup sets, the backup sets selected from catalogs are read from the source media and written to the selected destination, such as a drive, drive pool, or backup folder. It is possible to schedule when this type of job runs.
When selecting to duplicate backup sets following a job, a backup job will run, and then the backup sets it created are copied to the destination targeted for the duplicate job. To duplicate backup sets following a job, the backup job must be scheduled to run and must not be associated with any other duplicate jobs. It is not possible to schedule this job; instead, the duplicate job runs only after the related or linked backup job completes.
To duplicate backup data:
1. From the navigation bar, click Job Setup
2. Under Backup Tasks, select New job to duplicate backup data (Figure 1)
- To copy existing backup sets to another destination:
- Select Duplicate existing backup sets, and then click OK (Figure 2).
- Select the backup sets to be copied.
- To duplicate backup sets created when a scheduled backup job runs:
- Select Duplicate backup sets following a job and then click OK.
- Select the scheduled backup job to be used as the source.
3. On the Properties pane, under Destination, select Device and Media, and complete these options as described in Device and Media Options for Backup Jobs and Templates
4. On the Properties pane, under Settings, click General, and complete these options as described in General Options for a Duplicate Job
5. On the Properties pane, under Settings, click Advanced, and complete these options as described in Advanced Options for a Duplicate Job
6. If Backup Exec is required to send a notification when the backup job completes, on the Properties pane, under Settings, click Notification
7. If duplicating data from a scheduled backup job, click Run Now
The duplicate job will launch immediately following the completion of the scheduled backup job.
If duplicating data from an existing backup set, either click Run Now or under Frequency click Schedule to set the scheduling options to be used.