How to enter serial numbers into an evaluation copy of Backup Exec 12.0 and above to make it a licensed copy
By adding the required licenses, an evaluation version of Symantec Backup Exec 12.0 and above for Windows Servers is converted into a licensed copy of the software with no reinstallation required.
Once licence numbers are entered into Backup Exec, only licensed options will be available for selection and use. If additional options that were available during the evaluation are desired, then they must be purchased and the license number for that option installed in the manner described by this document.
Note: The steps outlined in this document below are the same for versions 12.0 and above of Backup Exec.
To license the software, perform the following:
1. Start Backup Exec for Windows Servers
2. From the Tools menu, click Install Options and License keys on this Media Server.
3. Type the serial number and click Add and then click Next
To import the serial numbers from a file, click Import, and then browse for and select an existing besernum.xml file.
4. All the options will be selected automatically, depending on the serial number. Click Next.
5. Click Install on the Backup Exec installation review screen
6. Installation will begin and a message "The install wizard has successfully installed Symantec Backup Exec(TM) for windows Servers, Click Finish to exit the wizard." will be shown in the Install Wizard.
To verify the added licenses:
1. Click Help | About Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers
2. Click License Information