The language the Backup Exec User Interface displays may need to be modified for troubleshooting purposes.
The latest version of Backup Exec supports the following languages:
To modify the language Backup Exec 11.x to 2014 displays, create a Backup Exec registry key by doing the following:
1. Go to Start > Run > Regedit
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SYMANTEC\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec
DE = German
EN = English
ES = Spanish
FR = French
IT = Italian
PT = Portuguese
CH = Chinese Traditional
RU = Russian
2. Click on the Backup Exec icon (top-left) and select Installation and Licensing > Install Options and Licenses on this Backup Exec Server.
3. In "Add Licenses", "Review Licenses" and "Configure Options" windows click "Next".
4. In "Choose languages" windows select the language which needs to be used and click "Next".
5. In the next window click "Install". Complete the install.
6. After these steps are peformed, follow the steps in the section at the beginning of this solution titled "To modify the language Backup Exec 11.x to 2014 displays".