ProblemHow to upgrade VERITAS Volume Manager (tm) for Windows 2000 and VERITAS Storage Foundation (tm) for Windows when it is used in a cluster
When upgrading Volume Manager, or installing a service pack / hotfix in a cluster, a "rolling upgrade" is recommended. Performing a rolling upgrade minimizes downtime and allows for the cleanest installation to occur. To perform a rolling upgrade, follow the instructions provided below:
1. Select a node within the cluster on which to start the upgrade process
2. If the selected node has any resource groups, perform a move operation so that no resource groups are online on this node. Once all resources have been moved to another node within the cluster, the upgrade process can be started on this node.
3. Perform the upgrade and reboot the server as needed to complete the process
4. Once the upgrade is completed on the first node, move all resources to that node
5. Begin the upgrade on the second node of the cluster. Reboot the second node as required during the upgrade.
6. After the upgrade is completed for all nodes, redistribute the resource groups as desired