Backup Exec 2010 R3 Revision 5204 Hotfix 212812
This hotfix contains Critical fixes for Backup Exec 2010 R3 revision 5204.
Backup Exec 2010 revision 5204 32bit Media Servers
Backup Exec 2010 revision 5204 x64bit Media Servers
Backup Exec 2010 revision 5204 32bit Agent for Windows Servers
Backup Exec 2010 revision 5204 x64bit Agent for Windows Servers
Backup Exec 2010 revision 5204 32bit Remote Administration Console
Backup Exec 2010 revision 5204 x64bit Remote Administration Console
Backup Exec 2010 revision 5204 SAP Agent
- Backup Exec 2010 R3 revision 5204 Service Pack 4 (SP4) (TECH208828) is required before installing this update
- Administrative privileges are required to install this hotfix.
- A full backup is recommended after installing this Service Pack.
- The IDR recovery media (the ISO created through the IDR Wizard) needs to be recreated after installing this Service Pack.
- Agent for Windows Servers will need to be updated after installing this Service Pack.
- Remote Agent for Linux/Unix/Macintosh Servers (RALUS/RAMS) will need to be updated after installing this hotfix.
- SAP Agents will need to be updated after installing this hotfix.
- Job engine crashes when Oracle database is clubbed with other servers in the backup selection list. (TECH174778)
- Off-Host Incremental backup backs up Full data. (TECH201898)
- Backup Exec 2010 R3: AVVI restore from an incremental backup set of a virtual machine fails with error - Failed to mount one or more virtual disk images (TECH201706)
- BEMCMD: ERROR CODE: 6 when executing backup job using bemcmd with BE2010R3 (TECH203235)
- Exchange 2007 Restore to Recovery Storage Group of a Storage Group with 2 Mailbox Databases fails with “Final error: 0xe000fed1 - A failure occurred querying the Writer status.”(TECH206023)
- Restore of DFSR data with long path completes successfully without restoring the data. (TECH210203)
- Creating, Editing a policy or selection list takes a lot of time to open and causes the Backup Exec Console to go in a non-responsive state.(TECH210269)
- Backup Exec Job Engine (bengine.exe) service crashes on DeviceIo.dll. (TECH209426)
This installation guide contains general information for installing Backup Exec product updates as well as special instructions for configurations including Agent for Windows Servers, Clustered Backup Exec, Central Admin Servers (CASO)installations. (TECH179999)
Uninstalling this hotfix
This hotfix can be uninstalled.
The date and times listed below are in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Backup Exec 32bit and 64bit Media Servers and Remote Administrator consoles
Under "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\" (By default)
See Attachment: TECH212812_FileVersions.xls
NOTE: The File Information Spreadsheet attachement contains tabs for each platform supported