Installation of Symantec System Recovery (SSR) 2013 is reported as successful but the 'Symantec System Recovery' service is not installed or registered.
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
- Set the following registry key to 0: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\LeakTrack
- Run command prompt as administrator and change into the following directory: \Program Files\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\Agent
- Run the following command: VProSvc.exe /service /Start=auto
- Go to START/RUN, run services.msc
- Manually start the Symantec System Recovery service