The EffectiveBasePermissions of the Web application are preventing EVSPShortcutManager from processing any libraries.
The XML report of EVSPShortcutManager will show similar to the following:
|Process status||Process completed. Items to be recalled : 0. Libraries Skipped : 8. See detailed report section below for more information.|
|Total shortcuts found||756|
|Total shortcuts skipped||0|
|Total libraries skipped||8|
|Total shortcuts reported||0|
|Start time||6/21/2013 6:08:11 PM|
|End time||6/21/2013 6:08:15 PM|
|Site||Status||Error Code||Start Time||End Time|
|Surface||Completed site processing.||ErrorsEncountered (-10007)||6/21/2013 6:08:14 PM||6/21/2013 6:08:14 PM|
|Library||Status||Error Code||Start Time||End Time|
|Shared Documents||Skipping Library Shared Documents, user SOL\EVAdmin does not have Full Control permissions||InsufficientPermissions (-10010)||6/21/2013 6:08:14 PM||6/21/2013 6:08:14 PM|
|Style Library||Skipping Library Style Library, user SOL\EVAdmin does not have Full Control permissions||InsufficientPermissions (-10010)||6/21/2013 6:08:14 PM||6/21/2013 6:08:14 PM|
Ensure that the account running EVSPShortcutmanager has the appropriate permissions as stated in the Enterprise Vault Utilities guide (see HOWTO57622):
Permissions required to run EVSPShortcutManager
- Local administrator role on the SharePoint server.
- For SQL Server 2008 or SQL Server 2012, sysadmin server role on the SharePoint configuration database.
- Site Collection Administrator. This role enables EVSPShortcutManager to process every site in the site collection.
- WebApplication Administrator. This role enables EVSPShortcutManager to process every site in the web application. This role uses the Policy for Web Application to provide Full Control permission.
- Site Administrator. This role provides Full Control permission to the site. In this case the account must also have Full Control permission on the document libraries in the sites that EVSPShortcutManager processes.
As a way to identify that the Web Application Base permissions have been modified the following command can be used within the SharePoint
The 'EVSPShortcutManager' utility is designed to check the permissions of the running user, however the 'EffectiveBasePermissions' of the Web Applicaiton are combined with the base permissions of the web applicaiton. If the permission profile of the web application has been modified, meaning the 'EffectiveBasePermissions' are set to something other than 'FullMask', every running user will not be able to run 'EVSPShortcutManager' to recall shortcuts. There is currently no built in method to reset the permissions to 'FullMask'.
NOTE: For assistance in resetting the EffectiveBasePermissions to FullMask, please contact Microsoft Support.
This issue has been resolved in the following release:
Enterprise Vault 10.0.4 cumulative Hotfix 2 Release
Enterprise Vault 11.0.0 Release Details