Optimized Deduplication backups fails with: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
A communication issue exists between the Deduplication folders on the CAS server and the MBES server(s).
NOTE:: Ensure no backup jobs are running. Cancel all jobs running before running the steps below.
1. In the Backup Exec Console open the Storage tab and disable sharing for the deduplication folder(s) between the CAS and the affected MBES server(s).
a. Right-click the Deduplication folder
b. Select Share
c. Uncheck the Media server that has the deduplication folder producing the issue. (e.g. CAS server if from MMS, affected MMS if from CAS, etc.)
2. Share the Deduplication folders again using the same method in step 1 except checking the media server(s) is required.
3. Restart the CAS Server's Backup Exec Services (if the deduplication folder is a part of the issue).
4. Once the CAS Server's Backup Exec Services are started, restart the MBES Backup Exec services.
5. Attempt Optimized deduplication job.
Backup Exec 2012
Central Admin Server Option (CAS) with Managed Backup Exec Servers (MBES/MMS)