Enterprise Vault Admin Service does not start when server has a drive which is 99 percent full
Log Name: Symantec Enterprise Vault
Source: Enterprise Vault
Date: 17/05/2013 12:41:18
Event ID: 4141
Task Category: Admin Service
Insufficient diskspace is available on drive G: for the Enterprise Vault to run
Enterprise Vault will now be shut down; to correct this problem, delete any unwanted files and restart Enterprise Vault
Enterprise Vault (EV) will shut down when 95% of Virtual Memory is used or if a local drive is 99% full. This also applies to the EV services which are Installed with Backup Exec Archiving Option.
The following steps can be taken to resolve this Issue -
1. Free up space or extend the drive which is 99 percent full.
2. The NoMonitor registry key can be set up to disable/enable monitoring of memory and all local disk space resources.
Disabling the monitoring of disk space on all local disks:
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
1. Open the registry using Start>Run>Regedit
2. For 32-bit Backup Exec Install, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\AdminService. For 64-bit Backup Exec Install, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\AdminService.
3. Right-click and select New>DWORD Value.
4. Enter NoMonitor for the DWORD name.
5. Double click on the NoMonitor DWORD and enter 1 as the value data.
6. Restart the Enterprise Vault Admin Service to apply the changes.
The possible values for this registry key are as follows:
0 - Monitor resources
1 - Do not monitor resources
Backup Exec Archiving Option