Exchange Database restore fails with - Before you can restore an Exchange database, you must use the Exchange Management Console to enable the database property 'This database can be overwritten by a restore'
V-79-57344-65284 Before you can restore an Exchange database, you must use the Exchange Management Console to enable the database property 'This database can be overwritten by a restore'
Exchange has a setting for the database that allows the database to be overwritten. This setting is within the Exchange environment and must be set correctly before a Database restore job can overwrite an existing database.
- Open the Exchange Console
- In the console tree, navigate to Organization Configuration > Mailbox.
- In the result pane, on the Database Management tab, select the database you want to configure.
- In the action pane, under the database name, click Properties.
- Go to the Maintenance tab
- Select the check mark box beside This database can be overwritten by a restore to allow the mailbox database to be overwritten during a restore process.
This relates to a Full Database restore (the entire database). If this is a Granular GRT restore (a user mailbox or mail messages), this does NOT apply.