On an NetBackup 5200 or 5220 Appliance that is already configured, the following symptoms may appear:
- Jobs fail with status code 159 (licensed use has been exceeded) reported
- System self-test fails
- A force factory reset appears to hang while configuring NetBackup.
- Unable to upgrade to 2.5.1 or 2.5.2
- Main > Appliance > Topology CLI navigation hangs
- Web GUI does not load
Appliances are shipped with a temporary default/evaluation license key. This is so there is a time window to apply a permanent key.
The evaluation license keys shipped with NetBackup Appliance v2.5 expired on March 13, 2013. v2.0.3 eval keys expire on April 9, 2013. If a permanent key is not applied, these symptoms will be seen when the eval key expires.
This issue does not impact systems with permanent license keys applied/installed. This issue also does not impact Appliances at version 2.5.1 or higher.
Use a permanent/valid license key.
To install a permanent license key on a pre-installed NetBackup Appliance:
- Login to NetBackup Appliance as admin user (password: P@ssw0rd).
- Install new license key:
- Main > Manage > License > Add
- Enter yes when prompted to continue.
- Enter a valid evaluation or production NetBackup license key when prompted.
- Enter no when prompted for additional license key.
- Run software self-test to make sure the Appliance is in good state:
Main > Support > Test Software
Note: IPSec related failures may be safely ignored.
The above solution is recommended. However, if a 2.5.2 USB key is available, reimaging the Appliance with this newer software will deploy an eval key with a future expiration.
Re-imaging is only recommended on new deployments, where backup data is not present on the appliance.
Note: If the Appliance is at version 2.0.3, a permanent key should be applied before April 9, 2013 to avoid this issue. New deployments of 2.0.3 after April 9, 2013 will not permit the installation of a new license key due to an installation hang. The date in the Appliance BIOS must be set prior to April 9, 2013 to allow both the installation to succeed and for a permanent license key to be added using the instructions in this document.
This issue affects NetBackup 5200/5220 Appliances at the following versions:
- 2.5 (including 2.5B)