Backup Exec Deduplication Engine Service fails to start and displays the following error : Error 1 : Incorrect Function
Windows could not start the Backup Exec Deduplication Engine service on Local Computer.
Event ID: 1
Task Category: None
The description for Event ID 1 from source spoold cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
-1: ds_checkIdentity: storagepoolid is not valid, cannot continue.
IPv6 is preferred over the IPv4
To Diable IPv6 follow Microsoft Kb: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows 7 Enterprise
- Windows 7 Home Basic
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 Standard