Following a restore to different hardware (Restore Anyware) using Symantec System Recovery (SSR), the server name changes to a temporary name.
Restore is successful, no errors are seen.
This issue is fixed in SSR 2013.
Workaround (applies to SSR 2011):
1. Run restore
2. Do not reboot the machine after restore is complete
3. Go back to the main menu on the SRD and go to Analyze/Open Command Shell Window
4. Run REGEDIT from command prompt
5. Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry key
6. Go to File/Load Hive and browse to C:\Windows\System32\Config and double click SYSTEM.HIV
7. Give the hive a temporary name
8. Browse HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\temp name\Setup\Status\UnattendPasses
9. Set the DWORD value of ‘specialize’ to 0 (default is 9)
10. Once you have made this change, select the temporary name (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\temp name) and go to File/Unload Hive
11. Reboot machine
Windows 2008 R2