You cannot push policies and tasks from 64-bit Symantec System Recovery 2013 Management Solution (SSRMS) to Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) 2010 and Symantec System Recovery (SSR) 2011 on 64-bit client computers that have Windows XP, 2003, or Vista operating system.
When you try to push policies and tasks to Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 and Symantec System Recovery 2011 on 64-bit client computers that have Windows XP, 2003, or Vista the following errors are seen in the log viewer:
- Unable to connect to Vprosvrc
- Unable to CoCreateInstance on CLSID_CaymanManager; hr=80040154 -- Class not registered. This may indicate that the backup service or one of its components is improperly installed or malfunctioning. Interaction with the backup service, including event capture, configuration, and task execution will be suspended until the next connection attempt.
The above issue may be due to the SSR Plug-in interoperability.
Please note that this issue occurs only if BESR 2010 or SSR 2011 is installed on 64-bit client computers that have the Windows XP, 2003, or Vista operating system.
To resolve the issue, do the following in the order listed:
- On the client computer, stop the Symantec Management Platform (SMP) agent service.
- Open a command prompt, and type regsvr32.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the following directory:
<Install directory>:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Agents\Symantec SRMS Agents\X64
- Drag and drop the “VProSvcPS.dll” from the above directory on the command prompt and press Enter.
- Restart the SMP agent service and verify that SSR is reporting to the SSRMS Server.
- After you are done with the above steps, you can push policies and tasks to the client computers.