In Backup Exec 2012 while adding Backup Exec Archive Option (BEAO) the installation fails with the error 'Length cannot be less than zero'.
The install failed with an unexpected error: Length cannot be less than zero
Parameter name: length
1. Go to Configurations and Settings - > Backup Exec services
2. Backup Exec Services Manager - > Edit credentials
3. In Service Account Information Dialog box check "Change Service account credentials" checkbox
4. Enter Old user name: Username@Domain.com
5. Enter New user name: Domain\Username
6. Enter old password and new password
7. Click Ok and then run the installation
Symantec Corporation has acknowledged that the above-mentioned issue is present in the current version(s) of the product(s) mentioned at the end of this article. Symantec Corporation is committed to product quality and satisfied customers.
This issue is currently under investigation by Symantec Corporation. Pending the outcome of the investigation, this issue may be resolved by way of a patch or hotfix in current or future revisions of the software. However, this particular issue is not currently scheduled for any release. If you feel this issue has a direct business impact for you and your continued use of the product, please contact your Symantec Sales representative or the Symantec Sales group to discuss these concerns. For information on how to contact Symantec Sales, please see http://www.symantec.com Please be sure to refer back to this document periodically as any changes to the status of the issue will be reflected here.