While using Backup Exec Management plug-in for Kaseya, when you click on the Job Status, you see a message that the job log file is not available.
This issue might occur due to the following reasons:
- The job log file is not available on the Backup Exec server.
- The job log has been removed as its retention period has expired.
- The size of the job log file (.cab file) exceeds the maximum job log size that you have configured.
- Ensure that the job log retention period is same as the data retention period in the Admin_Configuration.xml file. The Admin_Configuration.xml file is located in the following path:
<Kaseya Server Install Directory>\WebPages\BackupExec\ASPx\Admin_Configuration.xml
- If the size of the Backup Exec job log (.cab) file is more than the set maximum job log size, increase the maximum job log size to resolve the issue. Depending on the version of Backup Exec you have, perform the following steps to increas the maximum job log size:
For Backup Exec versions prior to 2012:
Modify the MaxJobLogSizeinMBs registry key to increase the maximum job log (.cab) size. The MaxJobLogSizeinMBs registry key is located in the following path:
32-bit Backup Exec server:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec Agent Plugin for Kaseya\<package id>
64-bit Backup Exec server:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ Symantec\Backup Exec Agent Plugin for Kaseya\<package id>
For Backup Exec 2012 or later:
Modify the MaxCABFileSize value in the Main.PS1.Config file stored at the following location:
<Kaseya Server Install Directory>\WebPages\ManagedFiles\VSAHiddenFiles\BackupExec\BEMPKDataCollector\BEDataCollectorPkg\Main.Ps1.Config