Multiple customers faced problem where the upgrade of the apppliance software to a later version 2.0.3 or 2.5 failed if self test of any of the configured components failed.
There might be two different reasons for the failure (check which one is appropriate)
1. Self Test component checking if NetBackup is configured and running fails.
Cause: Not all required NetBackup services are running.
2. Self Test component checking if OpsCenter is configured and running fails.
Cause: Mismatch between what '/opt/SYMCOpsCenterServer/bin/opsadmin.sh monitor' script prints and what /opt/NBUAppliance/scripts/self_test.conf contains.
Please note that the issue is usually seen after an earlier failed upgrade.
A. Self Test component checks if NetBackup is configured and running successfully:
1. Check whether all required NetBackup services are running. If not stop and start NetBackup services and make sure all required NetBackup services are running.
2. Run the self test only (not the upgrade) and make sure it passes for the NetBackup component.
3. If step 2 runs fine, run the upgrade.
B. Self Test component checking if OpsCenter is configured and running fails
1. Run "opsadmin.sh monitor" script and note what it prints
2. Check the contents of /opt/NBUAppliance/scripts/self_test.conf
- If what you see in step 2, does not match with what "opsadmin.sh monitor" script prints in step 1, delete all the lines from self_test.conf file between the following two lines below, and add the lines those are printed by "opsadmin.sh monitor" script:
- Check /usr/openv/db/bin/servername has the correct servername and syntax. Example : NB_servername
- Make sure required Opscenter services stay UP, monitor for a while and if so, continue to next step
- Run self test itself only to make sure it passes, if so follow next step
- Run the upgrade.
NetBackup 52x0 appliances