When adding archives to the Enterprise Vault (EV) Collections task, the archive pop-up window is blank.
Missing Source Account or wrong Source Account / password is being used by the Enterprise Vault (EV) Source during the EV Discovery phase.
Verify the Source Account username and password in two locations, the EsaEvCrawlerService and the Enterprise Vault Source Account. Then re-run the Discovery Phase for Enterprise Vault.
- Steps to verify/modify the EsaEvCrawlerService account:
1. Logon to the Clearwell Appliance using local Administrator privileges.
2. Open Services.msc (Start | Run | Services.msc).
3. Double click on EsaEvCrawlerService to open the properties page.
4. Select the Logon tab and select the This account: radio button.
5. Enter the Enterprise Vault Service account and password, then select OK.
- Steps to verify/modify the Enterprise Vault (EV) Source Account.
1. Logon to the Clearwell application with Administrator privileges.
2. Select All Collections from the main navigation bar, followed by Source Accounts in the secondary menu.
3. If the EV Source Account is listed, select on the EV name link or select the right side Edit icon to open the edit page.
Verify/Modify the User account and then select Change Password. Finish by selecting OK and then Save.
4. If the EV Source Account is not listed, select Add in the lower right.
a. Provide an understandable account name. (Example: EV Source Account)
b. Enter the description: 'Account used for EV Collections'.
c. Enter the EV account credentials (Domain\UserName).
d. Enter twice the EV account password.
e. Select Save.
5. Select Sources from the secondary menu.
6. Select the EV Collections link or select the right side Edit icon to open the edit page.
7. Enter the EV Service Account in the Account: text box. Then click Save.
- How to run the Discovery Phase for Enterprise Vault.
1. From the Clearwell webpage, select System from the main navigation bar.
2. Select Directories and Servers (versions 7.1.3 and above) or Email Servers (versions7.1.2 and earlier) from the secondary menu.
3. For versions 7.13 and above, click on the Symantec EV Tab. For version 7.1.2 and earlier, from the 'Select Server/Archive source to discovery:' drop down box, select Symantec EV.
4. In the bottom section 'Discover new Enterprise Vault Directory Server' | 'Directory Server host Name:' Enter the NetBios, Fully Qualified Domain Name or IP address of the primary Enterprise Vault Server.
5. Select the Start Discovery button.