Converting a backup into a Hyper-V VM (Virtual Machine) fails with - Failed to create the metadata file on the remote server.
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000a41f - Failed to create the metadata file on the remote server.
Final error category: Resource Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-42015
V-79-57344-42045 - Failed to unmount the disks of the virtual machine.
The cause could be any of the following:
- The cause may be permissions related if the Media Server is in a domain, and the Hyper-V server in a workgroup.
- VMguest.iso ISO being used for conversion resides on the remote server in C:\Windows\System32
- VMguest.iso is the incorrect version
- The SDR option was not turned on for the backup operation
- Join the Hyper-V server to the domain if possible.
- Copy the VMguest ISO from C:\Windows\System32 on the Hyper-V server to the media server and use the correct iso for the conversion.
- The vmguest.iso used must be the same as the target Hyper-v host server.
- Perform another backup of the physical machine with the SDR option enabled.
- Make sure that Hyper-V host is not Windows Server 2008 SP2. Please see the following technote: Tech204090