An Microsoft Exchange GRT backup to tape fails with error: "0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information."
Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
Sgmon logging on the Exchange server will show the volume being used for GRT along with the following error:
VirtAPI:BackFill: Out of disk space condition detected.
This issue can occur when performing a GRT backup of Microsoft Exchange to tape where the temporary staging location for GRT data is set to a non local volume on the Exchange server that we are having issues writing to.
- Click Start -> Run and type "regedit". Click OK.
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
- Within the Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Exchange
- Right click and add a new String Value, "OnHostTemp".
- Right click and set the value of OnHostTemp to "c:\temp".
- Restart all the Backup Exec service on Media server and Backup Exec Remote Agent service on the Exchange Server.
- Run the backup job of Exchange Resources from media server.
Take the following registry change and set the OnHostTemp value to a folder which does not reside on a mount point (in the steps below C:\Temp is specified however it can be set to any volume which is not a mount point).
NOTE: Registry change is required on the Backup Exec server if backup is going to disk