Snapshots are being deleted before indexing can be done; thus killing any restore data.
Warning: Server Snapshot deleted sucessfully by external source: Snapshot created on [DATE AND TIME] for server [SERVERNAME] volume [VOLUME:] containing backup destination [DESTINATION] has been deleted by an external source.
Snapshots are being deleted due to Microsoft size limitations within Shadow Copies of the volume.
To view current settings related to snapshots:
- Navigate to My Computer/Computer to view the available volumes
- Right click on the backup volume CPS is trying to snapshot for indexing
- Click Properties
- Select the Shadow Copies tab
- Click on the drive in question and click Settings
- Ensure that the Maximum size: is set to a large enough size to hold the snapshots or select No Limit
Microsoft Windows Server 2008
Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (CPS) 2010