After installing Backup Exec 2012 and importing a Deduplication Option Serial number (by importing the .slf file) , the backup jobs target to deduplication storage do not run, and Job Status for the job displays the message: "Ready; No Backup Exec servers with Deduplication Option license are available that have access to the job's target device". The error will appear even after Deduplication license is removed and re-installined in Backup Exec.
Ready; No Backup Exec servers with Deduplication Option license are available that have access to the job's target device.
The error is caused when attempting to import a "copy" of a serial number file (.slf file) that has been already imported.
The above notification will also appear when the trial period of the Deduplication Option has been expired as license key was not installed before the expiration of trail period. In such scenario, install the Deduplication license in Backup Exec. If that is not the reason then continue with the following workaround.
1) Within Backup Exec, click the Backup Exec applet (yellow icon circle at the top left of Backup Exec UI) and select the menu "Installation and Licensing".
2) Choose the option "Install Options and Licenses on this Backup Exec Server"
3) On the new UI select "Next" where you can "add" and "import" serial numbers. Make a copy of the list with the serial numbers.
4) On the same screen, uncheck all of the options for the products installed. This will uninstall the licenses and place Backup Exec into trial mode.
5) Complete the process and Backup Exec services will be restarted. Verify that Backup Exec is now in "Trial Version".
6) After the licenses and products are successfully uninstalled go to the following folder and move the .slf files to a temporary folder:
Windows 2003 - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ Symantec Shared\Licenses
Windows 2008 - C:\Users\All Users\Symantec Shared\Licenses
Once the files are moved to a safe location, delete all *.slf files within the folder on the path above.
7) Open Backup Exec 2012 and re-run the installation process again. Insert all the licenses again and select all the options/agents for which the licenses have been keyed in, making sure that one of these is for the Deduplication option.
8) Backup Exec will complete the installation and restart the services. Attempt to run the backup jobs to the deduplication folder and verify the results.
Symantec Corporation currently plans to address this issue by way of a patch or hotfix to the current version of the software. Please be sure to refer back to this document periodically as any changes to the status of the issue will be reflected here.A link to the patch or hotfix download will be added to this document when it becomes available. Please note that Symantec Corporation reserves the right to remove any fix from the targeted release if it does not pass quality assurance tests. Symantec’s plans are subject to change and any action taken by you based on the above information or your reliance upon the above information is made at your own risk.