Backup selections for Enterprise Vault (EV) data fail to enumerate beyond site level in Backup Exec if the site name has a special character like () in it.
1. Rename bedsev.dll on following servers:
- Backup Exec server (C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec)
- Enterprise Vault server (C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS)
- SQL server (C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS)
Put EV services in Read Only mode. Refer to technote www.veritas.com/docs/TECH66742 for procedure to put EV services in backup mode.
Now run remote agent based backups to backup EV data and Microsoft SQL agent to backup EV databases.
2. Rename EV site and remove special character from the site name. Please contact EV technical support team for procedure on how to rename EV site.
Symantec Corporation has acknowledged that the above-mentioned issue is present in the current version(s) of the product(s) mentioned at the end of this article. Symantec Corporation is committed to product quality and satisfied customers.
There are currently no plans to address this issue by way of a patch or hotfix in the current or previous versions of the software at the present time. This issue may be resolved in a future major revision of the software at a later time. However, this particular issue is not currently scheduled for any release. If you feel this issue has a direct business impact for you and your continued use of the product, please contact your Symantec Sales representative or the Symantec Sales group to discuss these concerns. For information on how to contact Symantec Sales, please see www.veritas.com
Please be sure to refer back to this document periodically as any changes to the status of the issue will be reflected here.