Backup Exec 2012 Redirected Sharepoint Restores
- Allows individual item restores to alternative SharePoint destinations.
- Destination can be site collection , sub-site or list / library .
- Offers the ability to restore from a Sharepoint Full , Differential or Incremental backup set.
- During the restore it will allow to redirect the restore to a Server Farm, Web Application, Site Collection or Sub-site.
- Restoring from an incremental or differential set it does not require selection of the previous full backup.
- Backup Exec will restore all the sets needed for the restore.
- Same SharePoint Farm as the source or a different SharePoint Farm.
- No longer limited to redirecting only to a file path.
- Supported only for SharePoint 2007 or higher.
- Full URL to the destination site must be specified .
- The source site will be created at the specified destination , not under it .
Sharepoint Redirected Restore Target limitations
The following are steps to perform a Sharepoint redirected restore.
1- From the Backup Exec 2012 console right click on the SharePoint server and select restore. (Figure 1)
2- Select Microsoft SharePoint Server data then click next in order to proceed with the restore . (Figure 2)
3- Select the type of Sharepoint data to restore . The restore wizard allows you to select individuals items ( ex. documents, images, sites,
sub-sites, list, and list items) , web applications or portal sites and SharePoint Farm components (ex. configuration databases, service
applications, shared service providers). (Figure 3)
4- Select the backup set and item to restore. (Figure 4)
5- The following screen allows to restore the data to the original location, redirect the data to a site (ex. site collection, sub-site, list or library) or to a path. (Figure 5)
6- The following screen will allow to maintain versioning and select overwrite behavior for restored data. (Figure 6)
7- The additional task screen will allow to run a pre or post command and add a notification recipient. (Figure 7)
8- The following screen allows you to enter the name for the restore job and schedule the time for the restore to run. (Figure 8)
9- Restore Summary screen allows to review the restore job settings prior to running the restore. (Figure 9)
Note: While the setting 'Restore site list and item level permissions' is shown with a value of 'Yes', this setting and value are ignored for all redirected cross-site GRT restores. The restored data will inherit permissions in the target location.