When configuring a NetBackup Media Server Deduplication (MSDP) environment. It may fail with "database system error (220)" and "RDSM has encountered an STS error: failed to update storage server configuration due to unsupported platform, invalid configuration or system error" if the Deduplication password consist of unsupported characters.
If this issue occurs, both of the following errors will appear in a pop up window:
- database system error (220)
- RDSM has encountered an STS error: failed to update storage server configuration due to unsupported platform, invalid configuration or system error
The issue occurs when unsupported characters are used in the Deduplication Credentials during configuration.
The following are the rules for the credentials:
For user names and passwords, you can use characters in the printable ASCII range (0x20-0x7E) except for the following characters:
- Asterisk (*)
- Backward slash (\) and forward slash (/)
- Double quote (")
- Left parenthesis [(] and right parenthesis [)]
- Less than (<) and greater than (>) sign
- The user name can be up to 127 characters in length. The password can be up to 100 characters in length.
- Leading and trailing spaces and quotes are ignored.
- The user name and password cannot be empty or all spaces.
- Carriage Return (^)
- Percentage (%)
- Dollar ($)