Enterprise Vault Mac Client does not work when Outlook for Mac 2011 is configured to use Kerberos authentication mechanism due to an underlying AppleScript operation that attempts, and fails, to find the domain name of the user, which subsequently fills the domain field in the Enterprise Vault login dialoag with the value 'missing value'.
When Outlook for Mac 2011 is configured to use Kerberos authentication mechanism, we now display the Enterprise Vault Mac Client login screen with empty Domain and Account ID fields. The user will need to enter these details manually and the Enterprise Vault Mac Client will keep these details in memory (or in keychain depending upon choice made by the user), using these credential details for any further operations.
1. Go to the following location on your Mac : /Library/Application Support/Symantec Enterprise Vault and uninstall the Symantec Enterprise Vault Client for Mac using the 'Uninstaller' application.
2. Remove any existing keychain entry created with the name 'Symantec Enterprise Vault'
3. Mount the SymantecEnterpriseVaultClient.10.0.0.1071.dmg
4. Install the SymantecEnterpriseVaultClient.10.0.0.1071.dmg
1. Go to the following location on your Mac : /Library/Application Support/Symantec Enterprise Vault.
2. Uninstall the Symantec Enterprise Vault Client for Mac using the Uninstaller application.
3. Remove any existing keychain entry created with the name 'Symantec Enterprise Vault'
1) This fix will only work when Exchange connectivity is supported in Kerberos as well as NTLM authentication mode. The reason being, even though Outlook for Mac 2011 connects to Exchange server in Kerberos authentication mode, we continue to work in NTLM mode only by asking NTLM authentication details.
2) User will need to provide Domain and Account Id explicitly when Outlook for Mac 2011 is configured to use Kerberos authentication mechanism.