You need to determine the installation path for RALUS installer.
NOTE: Before to proceed, check compatibility for your Linux/Unix/Mac operating system. Refer to Software Compatibility List for more information.
For Backup Exec 12.5
- Visit https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?requestid=29425&a_id=69753&
- Click on "Download now"
- Login will be required, you can create an account by click on "Create Account"
- Accept the Term and Conditions by clicking on "I agree"
- If necessary, fill a brief survey about the intended use of the software that's going to be downloaded.
- After filling the survey, you will find a screen with a "Software Download" title, similar to the one on the following screenshot:
- Identify "Backup Exec 12 for Windows Servers Linux/Unix/Macintosh Agents". (Marked in orange in the screenshot)
- Click on "Download now".
For Backup Exec 2010 and Backup Exec 2012:
The RALUS installer is located in a folder called "LinuxUnixMac" in the root drive of the installation DVD for Backup Exec 2010 under the name of "RALUS_RMALS_RAMS-XXXX.X.tar.gz" If you don't have the installation DVD, you can download it, but first you must ensure that your installed version of Backup Exec matches with the RALUS installer of the ISO file you are going to download.
To check which release of Backup Exec is installed:
- Open Backup Exec.
- On the menu tool, click on "Help"
- Click on "About"
- A new window will pop up.
- Check on "Media Server" and note that:
The build version appears as "Version 13.0 Rev 5204" for Backup Exec 2010 R3.
The build version appears as "Version 13.0 Rev 4164" for Backup Exec 2010 R2.
The build version appears as "Version 13.0 Rev 2896" for Backup Exec 2010 R1.
- Now you have identifiied your current media server release, you are able to identify which ISO needs to be downloaded.
Backup Exec 2012 - https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=93355
Backup Exex 2010 R3 - http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso
Backup Exec 2010 R2 - http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.4164_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso
Backup Exec 2010 R1 - http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.2896_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso
Refer to related Technotes about how to install RALUS and other common issues.