Backup of a virtual machine fails on Hyper V fails with the mentioned error when Hyper V is clustered.
Backup Job Log shows:-
Completed status: Failed
1) Virtual machine was recreated.
2) Backup Exec Agent for Windows is not installed on a guest virtual machine and Granular Recovery Technology(GRT) options is selected in the backup job properties.
3) Credentials used for backup job are invalid or do not have permission.
4) Backup Exec Agent for VMware and Hyper-V license is not present.
1) Restart Backup Exec Agent for Windows service on all the Hyper-V hosts, and run the backup job. If fails, please create a new backup job and select the Virtual Machine and run the job.
2) Make sure Backup Exec Agent for Windows is installed on the guest virtual machine, if GRT is selected in the backup job.
3) Make sure the user account used for the backup has sufficient privileges. Please refer related article to make sure account has sufficient permission.
4) In case virtual machine is an Exchange server, please refer to the articles in the related articles section.