Microsoft Exchange Server Differential/Incremental backup fails with error "0xe000035e - You must use the Exchange Agent to run a full backup before you run a differential or incremental backup"
Note: This error can cause with combinations of any version of Exchange Server and Backup Exec.
0xe000035e - The Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft Exchange was not used to create the last full backup of this database. You must use the Exchange Agent to run a full backup before you run a differential or incremental backup.
1. The last backup was done by a 3rd party software.
Verify the date and time of the last backup from the Exchange Management Console or by running eseutil /mh
Note: Running Eseutil /mh will bring the database offline for the process.
2. AOFO was enabled for the Exchange database backups
1. Ensure the Full backup was performed by Backup Exec
2. Either stop 3rd party software from running a backup or run a Full Exchange backup every day using Backup Exec
2. Disable AOFO from the Backup Job For Exchange database backups (Full and Differential/Incremental)
Note1: If the backups are mixed with Database and Flat File with AOFO enabled, split the jobs for AOFO disabled database Backup
Note2: Exchange DAG only support AOFO enabled backup.