How to perform a Disaster Recovery of a Lotus Domino server with DAOS enabled
- Run a FULL backup of the Domino server including the FILE system. Do this before adding any data to your lotus server.
- Perform Incremental backup of full domino server for Point in Time restores.
- Disable the monitor change journal. (Open registry key and browse to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SYMANTEC\BACKUP EXEC FOR WINDOWS\BACKUP EXEC\ENGINE\DOMINO and set value of the key ‘Enable Change Journal’ to 0.) and Restart the Remote Agent for Lotus Domino.
- Restore the non-database Domino server files (*.id and notes.ini). If necessary, reinstall but do not configure the Domino server and then restore (redirect restore) the non-database Domino files, which include the notes.ini and *.id files. Use the same directory structure, directory location, and logdir path as was created in the original installation. Do not launch the server after reinstalling it.
- In the Restore Job Properties dialog box, under Settings, click General.
- Check Restore over existing files.
- Using a text editor, change the TRANSLOG_Status setting in the notes.ini file on the Domino server to 0. For example, TRANSLOG_Status=0
- Using the Backup Exec Agent for Lotus Domino, restore (redirect restore) the last transaction log backed up prior to the loss of the active transaction log.
- Verify the transaction log restore was successful.
- Shutdown and then restart the Backup Exec Agent for Lotus Domino.
- Delete all transaction logs except the transaction log restored in step 5, from the Domino transaction log directory.
- Using a text editor change the notes.ini file for the Domino server to match the following: TRANSLOG_Recreate_Logctrl=1 TRANSLOG_Status=1
- Run a full restore (normal restore) of the Domino databases or a point-in-time state within the archived log extents. Backup Exec automatically restores all DAOS NLO files along with the DAOS-enabled databases. In addition, Domino automatically recreates both the daos.cfg file and the daoscat.nsf when you restart the Domino server. After the full restore finishes, the TRANSLOG_Logctrl parameter in the notes.ini file is reset to 0.
- Start the Domino server. Disaster recovery is complete.
- If monitor change journal was disabled prior to beginning the disaster recovery process, you must re-enable it.