An error message: "Media Mount Failed" is reported when attempting to perform a backup operation.
Media mount failed 0x800706be 2147944126 the media operation was terminated by the user.
This error can occur if Backup Exec (tm) has lost communication with the device.
Disabling the device, deleting the device, and restarting the Backup Exec services will force Backup Exec to re-scan the SCSI bus for devices, and re-establish communication with the Tape Device.
Try Following the steps below:
1. Click on the Devices tab, right-click on the existing device and select Properties (Figure 1)
2. Select the Configuration tab, and Uncheck the Enable device for Backup Exec checkbox (Figure 2) and then click OK
3. Right-click on the device again, and select Delete (Figure 3)
4. Quit Backup Exec
6. Start Backup Exec. The device should be displayed.
Note 1: If the device is "Disabled," right-click on the device, select Properties, select the Configuration tab, and Checkmark the Enable device for Backup Exec option.
Note 2: If the device is not present, see the Related Document "How to troubleshoot issues with the "Robotic Library" and "Tape Drives" in Backup Exec (tm) for Windows Servers.
7. Edit the backup job to use the new device