NetBackup Exit Status Code 69 : Invalid filelist specification with ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES directive. In Addition, vssadmin list writers does not return any data when executed from command line.
NetBackup Job Exits with Status 69 - invalid filelist specification; The file list received from the server had invalid entries
Using VSSADMIN LIST WRITERS from command line returns no data at all... Writer information missing.
Wndows Event Log shows the following :
Event Type: Error Event
Source: VSS Event
Event ID: 12302
Description: Volume Shadow Copy Service error: An internal inconsistency was detected in trying to contact shadow copy service writers. Please check to see that the Event Service and Volume Shadow Copy Service are operating properly.
This issue can occur because the VSS system files are not registered properly.
Discovered Microsoft KB Article:
Various issues may occur on a Windows Server 2003-based computer that is running the Volume Shadow Copy Service
The Article Includes an executable to resolve the issue or the following steps can be executed manually:
- Click Start, click Run, type Regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the subkey.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
- Right-click the following services one at a time. For each service, click Restart:
- COM+ Event System
- COM+ System Application
- Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider
- Volume Shadow Copy
- Now register the associated DLLs
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- Type the following commands at a command prompt. Press ENTER after you type each command.
- cd /d %windir%\system32
- Net stop vss
- Net stop swprv
- regsvr32 ole32.dll
- regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
- regsvr32 vss_ps.dll
- vssvc /register
- regsvr32 /i swprv.dll
- regsvr32 /i eventcls.dll
- regsvr32 es.dll
- regsvr32 stdprov.dll
- regsvr32 vssui.dll
- regsvr32 msxml.dll
- regsvr32 msxml3.dll
- regsvr32 msxml4.dll
Note: The last commands may not run successfully if you do not have any of the listed dll's on your system.
Check the Status of VSSADMIN LIST WRITERS and then test a backup operation of the client system.
Microsoft Windows 2003