Unable to see Windows Users or Windows Groups from other trusted domain in same forest.
During lookup of the DC Name of other domain using the NetGetAnyDCName or NetGetDCName function, NetBIOS of the ServerName parameter returns instead of the FQDN.
This issue can occur when attempting to configure
- Provisioning Groups in Enterprise Vault
- Custodians and / or Custodian Groups in Discovery Accelerator
- Monitored Employees or Employee Groups in Compliance Accelerator.
1. Add the DNS suffix of the other domain in Advanced TCP/IP setting (LAN Property | Internet Protocol version 4 Property | Advanced | DNS)
2. Apply to the LMHOST file the 2 entries for Domain Validation and other name Resolution per Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 314108 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314108)
There are currently no plans to address this issue by way of a cumulative hotfix or service pack in the current or previous versions of the software at the present time.
This issue may be resolved in a future major revision of the software at a later time, but is not scheduled for any release. If you feel this issue has a direct business impact for you and your continued use of the product, please contact your Symantec Sales representative or the Symantec Sales group to discuss these concerns. For information on how to contact Symantec Sales, please see http://www.symantec.com.