Enterprise Vault (EV) Discovery Accelerator (DA) exports and Productions show status as 'Finished' with items in the Failed export folder.
This issue has been addressed in the following release:
Enterprise Vault 9.0.2 - Release Details
- Any Microsoft Windows Server supported by Enterprise Vault 8.0 or 9.0
- Any version of Enterprise Vault 8.0 or 9.0 supported by Discovery Accelerator 8.0 or 9.0
- Any version of Enterprise Vault 8.0 or 9.0 up to and including 9.0 SP2
Workaround for all affected versions:
1) Determine the export or Production ID for the run with items left in the Failed folder:
- Hover the mouse over the name of the export or Production until a pop-up bubble appears with the ProductionID shown, OR
- Look in the Name column of the tblProduction table for the name of the export / Production and note the number in the ProductionID column.
2) Edit the tblProduction table entry in the DA Customer database:
- Locate the row in the table for the ProductionID identified in Step 1.
- Change the StatusID entry from 55 (Finished) to 54 (Finished with errors).
- Restart the Enterprise Vault Accelerator Manager Service (EVAMS) on the DA server.
3) Monitor the export / Production status until it reports as 'Finished' again.
4) Check the Export folder to the presence of any sub-folders of the Failed folder.
5) If no sub-folders exist with items within, the export / Production has completed without errors.
6) If sub-folders exist with items within, repeat Steps 2 through 4 or contact Veritas Support Services for assistance identifying why the failed items did not move into PST files.