Backup Exec 2010 R3 Revision 5204 Hotfix 159965
Backup Exec 2010 R3 revision 5204 32bit Media Servers
Backup Exec 2010 R3 revision 5204 x64bit Media Servers
Backup Exec 2010 R3 revision 5204 32bit Agent for Windows Servers
Backup Exec 2010 R3 revision 5204 x64bit Agent for Windows Servers
Remote Agent for Linux/Unix Servers x64 bit Servers
Remote Agent for MAC x86 bit OS
- Administrative privileges are required to install this hotfix.
- A full backup is recommended after installing this hotfix.
- Remote Agent for Windows Servers needs to be updated after installing this hotfix.
- Please install Backup Exec 2010 R3 Hotfix 164220 after installing this hotfix. These two hotfixes work in tandem to resolve a number of AVVI backup isues. Note that if using LiveUpdate to apply these hotfixes, Liveupdate must be run twice because Hotfix 164220 will not show up in the Liveupdate list until after Hotfix 159965 has been applied.
Issue(s) Introduced with this Hotfix:
- Backup of a Japanese Windows 2008 Virtual Machine to a deduplication folder fails with an error. See TECH168985 for details.
- Restores from GRT backups of Virtual Machines backed up to Deduplication Folders are slow. See TECH168988 for details.
- The Puredisk Filesystem Service (pdvfs.exe) is crashing if there are more than 50 000 directory cache entries. See TECH159595 for details.
- Fixed a memory leak in the deduplication folder logging code
- Bengine.exe crashing during a set copy of a Virtual Machine (VM) backup from the deduplication folder to tape. See TECH163893 for details.
- GRT backups to dedupe folder fail with access denied after BE service accounts changed. See TECH169038 for details.
- Event ID 50000 received from source PDVFS during AVVI backups. See TECH161451 for details.
- Slow media mounts on a dedupliation folder are causing jobs to go queued or fail. See TECH160915 for details.
- In a CASO environment, the deduplication folder on the CASO server was taken offline because of a temporary lack of access to the Adamm database. See TECH169004 for details.
- Inventory of 2 OST media also inventories ALL GRT img media in the dedupe folder. See TECH148641 for details.
This installation guide contains general information for installing Backup Exec product updates as well as special instructions for configurations including CPS, Agent for Windows Servers, Remote Agent for Linux/Unix/Macintosh Servers (RALUS/RAMS), Clustered Backup Exec, Shared Storage (SSO) installations, Central Admin Servers (CASO) installations, and SAP/R3 Oracle Agents. www.symantec.com/docs/TECH58186
Uninstalling this hotfix:
This hotfix can be uninstalled, but requires access to the Backup Exec 2010 R3 installation media. See www.symantec.com/docs/TECH159346 for instructions on downloading Backup Exec 2010 R3. For steps on how to uninstall a Backup Exec hotfix, refer to this technote www.symantec.com/docs/TECH58187.
For file information see attached PDF