Duplicate jobs for a Hyper-V virtual machine may hang up or fail with parameter incorrect.
- Job Completion Status
Final error: 0x57 - The parameter is incorrect.
Final error category: Other Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-0-87
Duplicate - SERVERNAME
- WARNING: "VRTSRV::\\SERVERNAME\Hyper-V?Virtual?Machine\vm1\D:\VirtualMachine\vm1\vm1\Virtual Machines\3E02C33E-27A1-4F64-8C9E-23B00F132735\3E02C33E-27A1-4F64-8C9E-23B00F132735.bin" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify.
WARNING: "3E02C33E-27A1-4F64-8C9E-23B00F132735.bin" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify.
This is caused when all of following conditions are met:
- A virtual machine of Hypver-V is allocated over 2 GB of memory
- The virtual machine is running status during backup
This issue is fixed in Hotfix 161270 (See Related Articles section)
- Shutdown the virtual machine when getting a backup
- Get a backup to the device to be duplicated, directly
- Disable GRT (Granular Recovery Technology) for the backup job