Enterprise Vault (EV) Archive Explorer and Integrated Search in Outlook Web Access (OWA) 2007 does not work externally via Internet Security Accelerator (ISA) 2006
Archive Explorer and Integrated Search point to internal Enterprise Vault (EV) server name while accessed externally via OWA 2007 where OWA URL is same for external and internal web access
IIS error code 404 not found on client.
In the ISA rules, rule for OWA access configured to route external client IP addresses to Client Access Server (CAS)
This change will modify the OWA rule to mask the client IP Address by sending the ISA Server's IP Address to the Client Access Server, if this is not a desired change then the 'EnterpriseVault_ExternalIPAddresses' option should not be used
NOTE: Make sure all the configuration steps (ISA Rules) have been performed according to the article specified in the related articles section below.
1. Login to the Internet Security Accelerator (ISA) 2006 Server using administrative privileged account.
2. Go to the Rules section and properties of the OWA 2007 Rule.
3. Under the section "Proxy requests to Published servers" select the following setting:
Requests appear to come from the: "ISA Server Computer"
4. Save and apply the rule changes.
5. On the Client Access Server (CAS), add the 'EnterpriseVault_ExternalIPAddresses' application setting using the methods described in the Web.config options for Microsoft Exchange 2007 Outlook Web Access (OWA) document:
For IIS 7:
1. Within the IIS Manager select the 'OWA' virtual directory
2. Select 'Application Settings'
3. Review the current values for the 'EnterpriseVault_XXX' settings:
- To modify a current settings, right-click on the given 'Name' and choose 'Edit'
- To add a setting right-click and choose 'Add...'
Enterprise Vault Key
The options listed below can be used to customize the Web.config file on the CAS, which can typically be found in the directory:
\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\ClientAccess\Owa\
If the following IP addresses, in a semi-colon list, are used to access OWA the External URL will be used:
<add key="EnterpriseVault_ExternalIPAddresses" value="192.168.0.5;192.168.0.103"/>
6. On Client computer login to a new OWA 2007 session using a user account (enabled for archiving) and confirm that Archive Explorer and Search are now using the external address
Enterprise Vault (EV) 9.0.1 and Exchange Server 2007.
Internet Security Accelerator (ISA) 2006 Server