If you are not using Threatcon level to trigger backup jobs to be run, when an increased Symantec ThreatCon Level was detected you may disable Threatcon Polling.
Create the following registry key on the Backup Exec Media Server and its value set to 1.
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
- Open the Registry Editor. Start -> Run -> regedit
- Browse to HKLM\Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Server
- Click Edit | New | DWORD Value = DisableThreatconStatusPolling
Set the Value data to 1 decimal to disable the status polling.
Note the default value is 0 to enable ThreatconPolling.
- Close out of the Registry Editor.
- Restart the Backup Exec Services.
For Backup Exec 12.5: Follow these steps
- Install Service Pack 4 for Backup Exec 12.5. Please see 000007732 for more details.
- Apply registry change described above.
- Restart Backup Exec Services.