How to perform an automated or manual uninstall of the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems (RAWS) for 11d, 12.0, 12.5 and 2010.
NOTE: It is recommended the remote agent be uninstall using Windows Add/Remove programs. Only perform a manual uninstall if the agent cannot be properly removed via Add/Remove Programs.
1. Navigate to the Control Panel and open:
Add/Remove Programs for Windows Server 2003 and prior
Programs and Features for Windows 7, Server 2008 and later.
2. Find and select "Symantec Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems"
3. Select Remove/Uninstall and allow the wizard to perform the uninstall
4. Reboot the machine (required)
1. Map a drive letter to the Backup Exec server's remote agent directory using the following path:
For 32-bit OS: \Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents\RAWS32
For 64-bit OS: \Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents\RAWSx64
2. Run one of the following from the Backup Exec Remote Agent installation directory in the command prompt:
For 32-bit OS > removeaaofo
For 64-bit OS> uninstallaaofox64
3. Open registry editor and delete the following (including all sub keys and folders)
Warning:Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Remote Agent for Windows Servers
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432node\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows (64-bit machines only)
4. Delete the remote agent installation directory:
32-bit agent on 32-bit operating system > \Program Files\Symantec
32-bit agent on 64-bit operating system > \Program Files(x86)\Symantec
64-bit agent on 64-bit operating system > \Program Files\Symantec
5. Empty the recycle bin
6. Reboot the machine (required)