Search engine does not work after the following recovery of SharePoint Server 2010.
- Disaster Recovery (DR) including OS installation
- Intelligent Disaster Recovery (IDR) without manual OS installation
- Restore of Search Service Application
This issue has been addressed in Backup Exec 2010 R2 Hotfix 148347.
1) Full backup is required after the Hotfix installation.
2) When restoreing Search Service Application, Restore over existing files option in the Restore Job Properties > Setting > General may be required.
3) When restore of Search Service Application is completed, Crawl is being paused state. Crawl can be started in appropriate time manually.
Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2
Symantec Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft SharePoint
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010