Deduplication Storage folder reports out of space in Backup Exec. Backups fail to start.
A low disk space alert on the Backup Exec Deduplication Storage folder is observed in the Devices tab.
The deduplication storage folder "Low Disk Space Threshold" is designed to assist in preventing the deduplication storage folder from becoming corrupt and unsuable.
Disabling the option may cause data loss and corruption should the disk run out of space.
Confirm the space usage by running the following commands
- Open an administrator command prompt
- Change directory to the BE install directory (default install: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec)
- Run the following commands to files.
crstats.exe --verbose --convert-size > c:\temp\crstats.log
crcontrol.exe --dsstat 1 > c:\temp\crcontrol.log
- Change directory to the deduplication folder location
- Run the following commands to files
- DIR /S \queue > c:\temp\dir-queue.log
If the crcontrol.log shows the used space is more than 80% but less than 90%, follow the steps in www.symantec.com/docs/TECH130103
If the crcontrol.log shows the used space is less than 80% and the dir-queue.log shows a total size of more than 10GB, contact technical support for assistance in resolving the issue.