Backup Exec 2010 R2 Revision 4164 Hotfix 147674
This hotfix contains a recommended fix for the Backup Exec 2010 R2 revision 4164
Backup Exec 2010 R2 revision 4164 x64bit Media Servers
Backup Exec 2010 R2 revision 4164 32bit Agent for Windows Servers
Backup Exec 2010 R2 revision 4164 x64bit Agent for Windows Servers
- A full backup is required after installing this hotfix.
- The IDR recovery media (the ISO created through the IDR Wizard) needs to be recreated after installing this hotfix.
- Remote Agent for Windows Servers will need to be updated after installing this hotfix. requisites
- Beremote.exe process can crash when restoring a VMware virtual machine from a differentia/incremental backup set
- Unable to mount the virtual disk when backup is done through the vCenter that the name of Data Center is configured with Japanese character
- No Virtual Machines are showing under VirtualCenter in Backup Selection
- Unable to restore and RAWS stops unexpectedly when Japanese character is included in virtual machine name
- Restore of a VMWare Virtual Machine with two or more disks on different datastores fails if the backup set is not backed up through vCenter
- Restore of a Virtual Machine from duplicated incremental backup set fails with an error “0xe0008105 - Invalid Physical Volume Library Media Identifier”. Note: This condition will continue if the commands listed in the Installation Guide below are not performed.
- Backup of a virtual machine fails with the error "V-79-57344-38264 - Unable to copy the virtual machine disk using the VMware VixDiskLib. You have requested access to an area of the virtual disk that is out of bounds. Note: Not all causes of this condition addressed, as such refer to TECH143744 (linked near the bottom of this page) for more detail.
- When attempting to browse an ESX host for either a restore or backup the Backup Exec Remote Agent will crash if there are no existing virtual machines on the host
- Backup of a virtual machine held in an NFS Datastore backs up the entire disk space instead of just the used space. Note: for other scenarios please review the content of TECH129839 (linked at the bottom of this page)
- Resource issue with VFF is used to map files located within the VMDK
- GRT restore from Hyper-V Virtual Machine backup set fails with error "Error mounting disk(s): UNKNOWN_ERROR (0xe000fe49)"
- Email messages restored successfully from Tape doesn't show in the mailbox when Agent for Virtual Infrastructure is used with Application Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) to backup to tape.
- When using Backup Exec Agent for VMware Virtual Infrastructure (AVVI) a Differentials or Incremental backup may fail if more than one Virtual Machine (VM) is in a selection list
This installation guide contains general information for installing Backup Exec product updates as well as special instructions for configurations including CPS, Agent for Windows Servers, Remote Agent for Linux/Unix/Macintosh Servers (RALUS/RAMS), Clustered Backup Exec, Shared Storage (SSO) installations, Central Admin Servers (CASO) installations, and SAP/R3 Oracle Agents.
After installing this Hotfix, make sure the following steps have been performed:
- On the media server, open a command prompt
- Change to the Backup Exec Program Files folder
- Enter the following command
sqlcmd -E -dBEDB -i catupgrade_13_0.sql -S <servername\instancename> -l 180
Where in default configurations, servername is the media servername and instancename is BKUPEXEC
NOTE: The character before the 180 in the command is a lower case letter L.
Uninstalling this hotfix
This hotfix can be uninstalled. For steps on how to uninstall a Backup Exec hotfix, refer to this technote http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH58187
For File Information see attached PDF