Error: “E7C3000F: Device \\?\SymantecSnapshot0 cannot read [number] sectors starting at LBA [number].”
Error: “E7C3000F: Device \\?\SymantecSnapshot0 cannot read [number] sectors starting at LBA [number].”Error: EBAB03F1: Following Operating System error occurred while performing requested operating. 'The system cannot find the file specified'. Incorrect function. (UMI-V-281-1987-15)
1. The 'snapshot' process was interrupted before the backup process could complete.
Figure-1.(Error Message - Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 and 2013 R2)
5During the first 5% of the backup process a virtual 'snapshot' of the volume is created. During 6% - 100%, BESR\SSR converts the snapshot data into an actual image\backup file. This file has the extension of .V2i or .iV2i. When the image file creation is complete at 100%, the backup image file creation is complete and the virtual snapshot is released. If anything disrupts the virtual snapshot during the .v2i or .iv2i file creation, this error can occur.
1. The Symantec System Recovery or Backup Exec System Recovery service is stopped or restarted during the process
2. The VolSnap service is stopped or restarted.
3. A Microsoft Volume Shadow copy or Windows Backup process began and corrupted the snapshot. (To test, temporarily turn off these features).
4. Third-party backup software began and corrupted the snapshot. (To test, temporarily turn off any third-party backup applications).
It is highly recommended that the VERIFY option is enabled in the backup job. Hence, if there is an issue during the backup, VERIFY will detect and create an alert if there are any issues with the backup image file.