While launching Backup Exec System Recovery the error pops up and continues to come until the Application interface is closed.
Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75a851d8 8b5816dc 75a851d8 75a851d8.
- This error usually occurs if there is stale entry of a disconnected drive in the registry.
- The Symantec SymSnap VSS provider tries to enumerate the drives by accessing the device registry information which also makes the operating system to re-detect the drives.
- Whenever the Operating System fails to find the missing drive it tries to delete the entry of the drive from registry.
- In some cases the operating System fails to update the registry and throws the above error message (Usually seen in case of Windows XP).
- The error keeps prompting until the BESR console is closed because the Symantec Symsnap VSS provider service keeps re detection cycle on until it enumerates all the available drives.
This issue is much on the operating system side and should be resolved with system reboot. In case the system reboot do not resolve the issue, following are the registry changes to rectify the issue.
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor can have disastrous results on a server operating system. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is highly recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
- From Start-> Run utility -> type regedit.
- Access HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | CurrentControlSet | Control | Select Windows.
- Change the value of ErrorMode to 2 from 0X00000000(0).
This error occurs for the disk or USB drive which is disconnected from the server and have left the entry in the registry.