Upgrading existing Backup Exec System Recovery Manager 8.5 to Service Pack 8 (8.5.8) non-English edition failed with error in below.
For example. the error dialog on Japanese environment.
To resolve this issue, please follow the instruction below.
- open %temp%\BESRM85Install.log by notepad.
- search for "C:\WINDOWS\Installer\xxxx.mst" (*1).
- note down the file name of xxxx.mst.
- rename C:\WINDOWS\Installer\xxxx.mst to xxxx.old
- copy <drive_letter_of_BESRM_install_CD>\INSTALL\nnnn.mst (*2) to C:\WINDOWS\Installer\
- rename C:\WINDOWS\Installer\nnnn.mst to xxxx.mst
- perform upgrade installation of Backup Exec System Recovery Manager 8.5 Service Pack 8 again.
(*1) xxxx is alphanumeric value that dynamically assigned.
(*2) nnnn is numeric value that corresponds language code page. Please refer the list in below.
|Language||.mst file name|
|Chinese - Taiwan||1028.mst|
|English - United States||1033.mst|
|Chinese - China||2052.mst|
Symantec Corporation has acknowledged that the above-mentioned issue is present in the current version(s) of the product(s) mentioned at the end of this article. Symantec Corporation is committed to product quality and satisfied customers.
This issue is currently under investigation by Symantec Corporation. Pending the outcome of the investigation, this issue may be resolved by way of a patch or hotfix in current or future revisions of the software. However, this particular issue is not currently scheduled for any release. If you feel this issue has a direct business impact for you and your continued use of the product, please contact your Symantec Sales representative or the Symantec Sales group to discuss these concerns. For information on how to contact Symantec Sales, please see http://www.symantec.com Please be sure to refer back to this document periodically as any changes to the status of the issue will be reflected here.
Customers experiencing this issue are encouraged to contact Symantec Technical Support as data is still being collected to assist in resolving this issue.