1. Any items with a lower original size than around 2MB open fine from a shortcut
2. Any items with a higher original size than around 2MB will not open correctly from a shortcut and the user is presented with the error indicated below.
3. Internally the items larger than 2MB open correctly from a shortcut
4. Opening the same items from Integrated Search and Archive explorer when launched within Outlook returns the same error
5. If Integrated Search and Archive Explorer are launched outside of Outlook then the items open up fine.
All items above this threshold fail and the user is presented with the Gray banner stating that some functionality may not be available. When the banner is clicked upon the following message is reported:-
The Server did not send a complete item.
If maximum logging is set on the client trace then this will show the following error:-
This issue has been addressed as part of the following release:
Enterprise Vault 9.0.2 - Release Details
Enterprise Vault 10.0 - Release Details
This issue has been identified in all flavours of EV8 using Exchange 2003