Enterprise Vault 9.0SP1 now supports Microsoft Outlook 2010.
This hotfix contains changes that resolve issues with Outlook 2010 client support. Additionally some minor issues have also been resolved.
Outlook 2010 specific changes:
ETrack 2111837 : In Outlook 2010 (32 bit) when links such as "Advanced search" and "Browser search" are clicked from the integrated search page the search page becomes blank
ETrack 2165026 : RTM version of OL2010 when launching AE is using an unexpected user-agent string.
ETrack 2172760 : Opening a Lotus Notes item in the search application results in a blank browser screen after every retrieval attempt
ETrack 2028159 : The "In Folder" option is not applicable for Lotus Notes clients and does not work
ETrack 1894983 : Sorting search results when searching across multiple index volumes using federated search fails when more than five index volumes are federated
To use the new client, install the hotfix attached to this document
Which files does this hotfix replace?
The first two files are language specific and are present in each of the language folders under WebApp\V18.104.22.1681\<lang> within the Enterprise Vault installation folder
The next three files are located in the Webapp folder within the Enterprise Vault installation folder
How to Install this hotfix:
1. Create a backup of Searcho2k.xsl and Propo2k.xsl for each language folder present within your <EVInstallation>\WebApp\V22.214.171.1241\<lang>.
2. Create a backup of the dialog.js, ArchiveExplorerUI.asp and searcho2k.asp files from the <EVInstallation>\WebApp\ folder.
3. Replace the existing Searcho2k.xsl and Propo2k.xsl files with the updated versions for each language.
4. Replace dialog.js, ArchiveExplorerUI.asp and searcho2k.asp in the WebApp folder
5. Ensure that all new files have the same security permissions as their previous versions
6. Instances of the old .xsl files must be cleared from the Internet Explorer Cache for each affected user. To do this, the following steps must be followed:
(Note: Exact steps may differ slightly between IE versions, the following applies to IE 8)
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Access Tools > Internet Options > 'General' Tab
3. Click 'Settings' under the 'Browsing History' subsection
4. Click 'View Files' under the 'Temporary Internet Files' subsection
5. Delete instances of Searcho2k.xsl and propo2k.xsl
6. Close Internet Explorer