How to restore Virtual Machine for Hyper-V with Backup Exec for Windows Servers (BEWS)
To run a restore of Hyper-V virtual machines, the following requirements must be met:
- Hyper-V Server should be configured and the services should be running.
- Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Server should be installed on Host system.
To restore Virtual machine by using the Backup Exec Agent for Hyper-V :
- Go to Backup Exec menu bar, click on File - New.
- Select Restore Job.
- On the Properties pane, under Source, click Selections.
Select the Virtual Machines you want to restore under Microsoft Hyper-V restore selections.
- On the restore job properties pane, under Settings, click Microsoft Hyper-V.
Select the options suitable for the restore job.
Overwrite powered on virtual machines - If this option is not selected and the Virtual Machine is in running state, job fails.
To do a redirected restore of virtual machine, select Microsoft Hyper-V Redirection.
- Select the options for the redirected restore job. If Redirect to a folder is selected then Virtual Machine disks and its configuration files are restored to a folder.
- Run the restore job and check the status in Job Monitor.