Backup to disc job fails with the error "Final error: 0xe000fe0d - A device-specific error occurred"
"Final error: 0xe000810c - Physical Volume Library Drive not available"
The job log shows an
Final error: 0xe000fe0d - A device-specific error occurred.
Final error category: Resource Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65037
Error : 2
Job log error:
Final error: 0xe000810c - Physical Volume Library Drive not available.
Final error category: Backup Device Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33036
Event log error:
Event ID: 33808
An error occurred while processing a B2D command.
Changer: CreatePath() CreateDirectory1 failed (\\"Server"\B2D\). Error=5
These errors can be rectified by re-creating the backup to disk (B2D) folder which was created for backups. Deleting the backup to disk folder from Backup Exec does not delete the backed up data (.bkf files), the data is untouched on the actual location on the drive where the backup to disk folder is created. The below procedure will recreate the B2D on the same location creating new folder.cfg and changer.cfg files and all the content (.bkf) will be re-inventorized. This should likely rectify the above errors.
- In Backup Exec (2010 and below) Delete the B2D from the Backup Exec console. For that, Click on Devices tab, under the server name, right click on the particular B2D folder, uncheck Enable to disable the B2D folder, then right click again and click Delete and click Yes. Now the particular B2D folder will no longer be listed under the server name. Right click and click on Properties will also show the path of the backup to disk folder on the drive under General tab.
- Now go to the actual path on the drive where the B2D folder resides and open it, cut the two files Changer.cfg and Folder.cfg and paste it outside the Backup to disk folder ( this is because we don't want to delete the .cfg files, in case if needed we can put it back).
- Now restart the Backup exec services, from Tools, Backup Exec Services, Restart all services.
- From Backup Exec Devices tab, right click on the server name and click New Backup-To-Disk Folder.... and create a new B2D point to the same path where actual data (.bkf) resides.
- After this run inventory on the B2D folder in BE and try running the jobs again.
Note: Removing B2D folder from BE does not remove actual backed up data from the drive where it is created. However, if not sure, then avoid deleting anything and contact BE technical support team.